“The Performance Academy taught me how to walk, stand and talk on stage in ways to enhance the music I play, and to connect with the audience.”
Emma Meinrenken, Young Virtuoso, CBC’s 30 Under 30 Rising Star
To enhance performance skills
Blending unique musical skills with on-stage confidence, charisma and personality.
The Academy offers all students the following opportunities:
- Workshops in many vital areas of performance with Shaw Festival company members
- Master Classes with acclaimed visiting Artists and Faculty members
- Performance opportunities in the Music Niagara Summer Festival
- Music Instruction in Chamber Music, Chamber Orchestra, and Solo Repertoire
- Behind the Scenes of Music Master classes, Open Lessons and solo/ chamber musical instruction with Festival Artists
- Public Presentation Vocal skills, body language and performance presentation style
- Period Dance – Body movement and fitness, dancing to the music you play
- Singing – From musical theatre to choral, with solo instruction in multi languages
- Drama – From Shakespeare to improvisation – scenes, games, text and activities
- Poetry – Working with language and rhythm to appreciate composition
- Stage Play – Physical confidence, appearance and spatial awareness of self and each other
- Alexander Technique – Relieve physical stress, and improve
- Practice and more practice times!
**Weekly public performances to practice your art and your Academy experience.**
We offer students time to enjoy Niagara with exciting and unique field trips:
– Theatre, Shopping, Ice Cream, Fort George, Jet Boats!
“Amazing!” “Loved everything.” “Didn’t know I liked all this food” “More!!”
Catering is provided by Pamela Mundy, a Red Seal Chef and Chef Instructor with Registered Food Handler Certification as per Niagara Region Health Department regulations.
The Academy offers full accommodation, catering and a fully comprehensive, skill-based curriculum.