“The Performance Academy taught me how to walk, stand and talk on stage in ways to enhance the music I play, and to connect with the audience.”
Emma Meinrenken, Young Virtuoso, CBC’s 30 Under 30 Rising Star
To enhance performance skills
Blending unique musical skills with on-stage confidence, charisma and personality.
The Academy offers all students the following opportunities:
- Workshops in many vital areas of performance with Shaw Festival company members
- Private lessons and chamber music coaching
- Master Classes with acclaimed visiting Artists and Faculty members
- Performance opportunities in the Music Niagara Summer Festival
- Music Instruction in Chamber Music, Chamber Orchestra, and Solo Repertoire
- Behind the Scenes of Music Master classes, Open Lessons and solo/ chamber musical instruction with Festival Artists
- Public Presentation Vocal skills, body language and performance presentation style
- Period Dance – Body movement and fitness, dancing to the music you play
- Singing – From musical theatre to choral, with solo instruction in multi languages
- Drama – From Shakespeare to improvisation – scenes, games, text and activities
- Poetry – Working with language and rhythm to appreciate composition
- Stage Play – Physical confidence, appearance and spatial awareness of self and each other
- Alexander Technique – Relieve physical stress, and improve
- Supervised practice time
**Weekly public performances to practice your art and your Academy experience.**
We offer students time to enjoy Niagara with exciting and unique field trips:
– Theatre, Shopping, Ice Cream, Fort George, Jet Boats!
“Amazing!” “Loved everything.” “Didn’t know I liked all this food” “More!!”
Catering is provided by Pamela Mundy, a Red Seal Chef and Chef Instructor with Registered Food Handler Certification as per Niagara Region Health Department regulations.
All are exceptional and dedicated music students between ages 12 – 25.
What make a great performance an unforgettable performance from the moment you walk on stage, to the moment you take your bow?
Confidence, Discipline, Stage Presence, and Stage Personality.
Music Niagara Academy students gain all of that – plus new friends, a lot of fun, and fabulous memories.
Music Niagara’s Performance Academy workshops add sparkle and challenge to gifted young musicians and their unique skills.
**Personal practice time is reserved in the daily schedule**
Students are saying…
“I found it useful because I don’t feel as shy when I talk and I also learned a lot of skills.”
“I enjoyed the workshops – the Dance taught us to move to the music of the times we play in and the Shakespeare was very well taught and taught me about mood, character and artistic choices.”
“Every day we had something different and exciting! From the incredibly kind hosts and the range of interesting classes to everything tying together, and playing in the concerts.”